I was looking forward to our “vacation” in Albuquerque this weekend – it’s sad to think it’s already almost over! We’ll be back Monday evening and I work at midnight that night! It hasn’t exactly been “vacation” – we’ve been going non-stop since the moment our plane landed. However, it felt pretty natural. That’s how things always were when we lived here anyway!
Here’s a partial list of things we’ve accomplished since we’ve been here in the 505:
– haircuts for the whole family
– green chile every way
– taught in the main building on Wednesday night
– wedding rehearsal and dinner
– Gary Hook’s retirement from the Navy
– Josh and Tamara: officially married
– taught for Vertical and Velocity kids (about 300 of them) in the park at Calvary
– Jenn sings at all the weekend services this weekend
– coffee with Jason Mills, a fellow church planter
– a couple stops at Flying Star for pie (strawberry rhubarb- nothing compares)
– upcoming dinner with my mom and breakfast with the Hooks
– study day tomorrow while Jenn sings at church
– lunch with the grandparents
– coffee with Dave Row and sushi with Skip
It’s been a very eventful weekend, needless to say. It was great to see so many of our friends and to receive such great encouragement. God works through prayers as well as our edifying words to each other. Thanks so much for all the prayers and encouragement!
When we head back to C-ville, of course we’ll hit the ground running there as well. We’ll get in Monday evening, I work at midnight, then study all day Tuesday, work at midnight, then study and teach week 3 of our study through Romans 12. I love it.